Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello!

So, hi!  No clue if anyone is going to read this, but my adorable sister and I have been on this Weight Watchers track for a few weeks, she better than I (although, comparing is one of those things I have to work on), and we were trying to come up with a way to be held more accountable, so here we are!

My story:  
Growing up, I was a pretty healthy weight.  I was a ballerina for many, many years and was able to stay slim.  High school was more activity with Colorguard and Marching Band.  College led me to put on a few pounds , but really, my eating habits are what STINK!  I LOVE Dr. Pepper like it is the only liquid around and tend to drink quite a few a day.  Like 5 or 6 if I get the chance.  Fruits and veggies are in my fridge every once in a while with good intentions, but usually get thrown out, for having gone bad.  The last few years have left me with a stubborn 10-20 pounds that leave, come back, leave, come back.  I think it is partly due to birth control medicine.  I want to eat healthy and make better decisions.  I would love to start a family soon, and want to be at a good starting weight, so the baby weight comes off easier.  I also want to be able to instill good eating habits in my kids, and not do the "McDonalds diet".  I am a school teacher, and have made a pact this year not to reward my students with food.  (I used candy all the time in the past.)  Instead I use pencils, erasers, trinkets, or better yet, natural rewards, i.e. do homework for a month, get a homework pass!

So many things in my life have changed recently for the WAY BETTER, and I just thought my body should catch up with it.  So, Beth, my mom, and I started this together.  They are in the Sunshine State, while I am in the Lone Star State.  There are a few weeks I just didn't do anything at all in the beginning (I think we started July 2o-something), hence the slow weight loss.  My mindset has been better most days, and I just finally said, enough is enough, and here we go!

No comments: