Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

I woke up this morning feeling grumpy, discouraged, bloated, etc. Why? Well, I did not do well this past weekend following WW. I woke up Sat. morning knowing that I wanted to run and have a good weekend but I woke with a headache close to a migraine and a run was not in the cards. The day got better but I had managed to allow that first step to talk me out of following my points for Saturday and even Sunday. I won't lie and say that I did not enjoy the food I ate, I did. It is clear that I am an emotional eater and this in turn affects my emotions.

I weighed yesterday and I was actually glad to see that I'd gained .5 pounds because I expected more. Whew. I did run 4 miles after church on Sunday which felt great.

I ran 3.16 miles this morning and again, it felt pretty good. I felt grumpy like I mentioned and I decided to get the run over with this morning as I have a tendency to talk myself out of it by the end of the day. I went out to the jogging stroller and I had asked the Hubbs to air my tires this weekend and he forgot. Instead of getting mad and not going, I had the Hubbs talk me through using his air compressor and airing the tires. Yes! I got the babe in the jogger and I was ready to go, hit play on the ipod, NO POWER...What?!! There are two things I have learned are a must if I run #1 Gum. #2 ipod! I still ran anyway. I felt like I was being challenged to go no matter what, and I did! I am going to do all of my training runs this week and focus on journaling my points and two things I need to focus on as goals are 1. Water! 2. Eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies.

I also want to note on the post from Jennifer about the feeling of worry. I have felt the same in the past. I don't think that is what is intended. The truth is, we won't ever count exactly right. Ever. That isn't the point. The point is that its a mindset. You ordered food or made a plate with the idea of limiting your portion. Even if you didn't count your points 100% correct, and ended up going over...you still probably ate less or made smarter choices than you would if you weren't trying to follow the guidelines. Keep up the good work.

No comments: